Saturday, January 30, 2010

Update 3

Just got back in my hotel's area after an amazing night out. Took the Skytrain and riverboat to the dock that has a good view of Wat Arun. Got an amazing picture just after sunset. Will edit and throw it up later. After that, I walked around for a few hours near the Grand Palace and then to some very Thai neighborhoods. No tourists around at all. Some Thai guy asked me to meet him at one of the monuments tomorrow because he is visiting America soon and wants advice. I told him ok, then about 2 minutes later decided I didn't think it was such a good idea. Whoops, sorry guy who will be waiting for me tomorrow. I hope you were planning on kidnapping/robbing me so I don't have a guilty consciounsce (ok how do you spell that word?).

When walking around taking pictures at night, I pretty much keep pushing myself to keep going and taking pictures until I feel way too uncomfortable with where I am and then I hail a cab and get the hell out of there. (oh hey, some white dude just walked by holding a hooker's hand outside the internet cafe, how cute haha) Anyway, I got a shot of the backs of some houses next to a canal that is one of my favorites from the trip. Really awesome "dark" shot.

I am pretty hungry so I might go to a restaurant and grab some food and a beer before I head back to the hotel to sleep. I edited a few pictures to throw up on here. Full sizes will be available when I get back to the states and can edit them on a nicer monitor!






No comments: