Thursday, January 28, 2010

Journal Entry 2

Jan 27 9:05 PM Thailand Time (Gonna call it TT from now on)

It's 8 AM in Danville right now. That slays me. I haven't slept since I woke up on the plane this morning. Not really sure what time it was... probably 7 or 8 am CST. I'm dragging major ass.. getting to the point where I am not sure I will be able to stay awake the whole time. (update: I did not, I slept on the final flight for 2 hours)

Dinner was beef + rice and a roll and some chocolate cake. Apparently alcohol is free on international flights with this carrier. Never knew that! Drinking a whiskey + coke but I think I am done with it.. My stomach is hurting. :-(

Jan 28, 6:45 AM TT

Good morning from Bangkok: was too busy/too tired last night to write in this. Got in around 10:45 pm. Me and some Canadian girl named Jenn got in a cab on the top level of the airport, dropped her off on Khao San Road, then I got dropped off. Went to sleep around 1:45 AM.

The room is very nice as you will see in some pictures.. I haven't noticed a bad smell in the city, but I smelled quite bad last night so maybe that is why. (Update: I have showered twice since last night and I still don't think it smells that bad)

On the cab ride, I was terrified we would get in an accident maybe 5 times. Also the trunk wouldn't stay latched so the driver kept having to stop and get out and close it.

I'm sitting next to the pool as I write this. It is very nice looking though the building next door is being worked on and has a tan canvas wrap all around it. The building outside my window appears to be empty.

I'm going to go inside, get some free breakfast then go up to my room to get my stuff then get directions and head out. My internet doesn't work so I just placed an international call to my parents to let them know I am alive. Going to talk to them again once I get a cell phone. Will work on getting my internet working tonight. (update: Guess my room doesn't include it, so paying $3 for 30 minutes of usage. -_-)

Wat Arun (update: was every bit as awesome as I hoped it would be. Got some great pics) > The Grand Palace (update: was expensive and way too crowded. Did not really like the pics I got here except 2 or 3. Cool place to experience though) > Wat Saket (update: very cool, well not temperature wise, there was no shade and I had to walk up 300 steps to get to the top of it, but great views) > MBK (update: it is an awesome giant mall, has something like 5,000 vendors inside. Maybe not that many, but at least 2,000. I looked like shit and was embarssed because it was my last stop and I was a sweaty mess, but I needed a cellphone) > ??? (update: that is now, and I still don't have anything to do for another 3-4 hours until I meet up with some people. Hmmmm)

No comments: