Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Journal Post 1

1/26/10 5:51 PM CST

I need to figure out what the time zone that Thailand is in is called. Once I get there I am going to stop recording the time and date in CST..

From what I've seen so far, I'd say the number of white people in this airport is 1-3%. Ok that is a percentage and not a number, sorry.

Talked to a German guy from Frankfurt. Says he has a wife and a 9-month-old living in the Phillipines. That's got to be a wonderful marriage. He just got done visiting them for 5 weeks.

Got some Starbucks coffee earlier... gonna need another one in five hour probably. Going to beat jet lag by staying awake until it's time to go to bed tonight. It's going to be a very long day (about 28 hours).

Sitting at what I think my gate is.. 41. Not 100% sure on that (update: it was the wrong gate). I have a while to figure it out.

About to start learning some Thai. Really wanting a shower now, but I don't have any fresh socks so there goes half the incentive.

The German guy told me if I go to the immigration department I can get a free tour of the city- 4, 6, or 8 hours long. Going to take the 4 hour tour on my way back.

The airport is very nice, but I'm not really feeling inspired to take many pictures of it. That's ok though, I didn't take this trip to document the airports I visit.

I saw a box of some Animal's (I think Sheep??) placenta for sale. It was over $100. What the hell? Imported from Australia. Can't wait to get a room that I can leave all my shit in. My laptop bag is heavy as hell and my arms/shoulders get tired after a few minutes. After I practice some Thai I am going to try to order some lunch.

-----

Just ordered some food. Noodles in spicy broth w/seafood. When Koreans take your money, they accept it with one hand and place their other hand on their wrist and sorta do a bow thing, haha.

*Minutes later:

Ok, ordering noodles was probably a bad idea... I can't eat this shit with chopstix!! hahaha... about to make a fool of myself. There was a squid tentacle in this.. it was delicious. If I keep this up, there is going to be a huge pile of noodles left and no broth because I am just eating the broth & vegetables and meat with a spoon. I should ask someone near me to show me how to eat. How embarassing can it really be? (Update: I chickened out and there was in fact a huge pile of noodles left in my bowl)

Beer stand reads:

Erdinger WeiBbier

1 comment:

kuras1017 said...

Don't worry about the chopsticks this trip. Seems like I remember most Thais using spoons.