Friday, February 5, 2010

16 Random Thoughts

Here is some random things that I noticed or thoughts that popped into my head:

1. Almost bought a bottle of delicious looking red drink. Then I read the sign and found out that it's gasoline. - Patong Beach

2. Walking around the holiest temple in Thailand. The song "Lay Low" by Snoop Dogg is stuck in my head. - Bangkok

3. Saw a street stand selling "Thai Tacos." You don't say? - Patong Beach

4. "It's so HOT! Milk... was a bad choice.." - Patong Beach as I drink milk

5. I haven't "seen" a single trannie since I've been here. That scares me since they are supposed to be everywhere. How many cute girls I've seen have/had a penis? - Bangkok

6. The street with all the Trannie bars here is called "Soi Crocodile." Should be called "Soi Snake" imo. - Patong Beach

7. How come topless women at beaches are Never someone you'd actually like to see topless? - Patong beach

8. I have yet to see a Thai woman smoking. Good for them. - Patong Beach (only saw 1 Thai woman smoking the whole trip)

9. I estimate I have to shake my head no / say "no thank you" at least 150-200 times a day - and I am not exaggerating here. It doesn't bother me though. It led me to a movie idea though- "The Yes Man 2: Yes man goes to Thailand." It would be a 2 hour montage of Jim Carrey riding in taxis, tuk tuks, and motorcycles all around Thailand while sobbing in the backseat. At the end of the movie he dies of AIDS that he gets from a prostitute. - Bangkok/Phuket

10. The one time in my life when I might have a chance of being more tan than another person is of course the time of year where we are the most covered up. - Ko Phi Phi Don

11. Some of the trannies were hotter than most other Thai women. - Patong Beach

12. Tried to strike up a conversation with an older French woman. She shook her head "no" and said "What do you want from me??" - Patong Beach

13. There are almost no public trash cans in Thailand. You just throw all your rubbish on the ground or leave it on the steps of a building / subway station. - Everywhere

14. Even all the Europeans/Australians/Canadians dislike the French. In a perfect world, the French despise themselves. - Patong / Ko Phi Phi Don

15. Thai people stand in perfect straight lines when there is a big crowd while waiting in line for the Skytrain. Once the skytrain pulls up though, they all crowd into a big mass to get into the traincar. - Bangkok

16. They use bendy straws over here isntead of straight ones. Makes me feel 5 again. - Thailand / South Korea

No comments: