Monday, October 6, 2008

Getting Out

Yesterday afternoon I was incredibly tired.

Faced with the decision of taking a nap or leaving the house, I chose the latter. I originally planned on walking along some train tracks on the west end of Danville, but after walking for 20 minutes, I was quite bored of the landscape and took no pictures.

I had been searching for this old bridge that runs through/next to Elsworth park in west Danville. I figured some old train tracks ran atop of it, though it turns out I was wrong.

I started walking this different path, down a road towards Danville Metal Stamping, and I finally find the bridge! For being next to a factory, I was impressed with the view:



Large Version- http://www.flickr.com/photos/myotomy/2916200833/sizes/l/

I spent the next twenty minutes walking next to a chain-link fence lining the Metal Stamping property. The sides of the body of the water in the picture are very steep hills, probably around 50-60 feet high. I just walked along the top of the hill until I finally reached the bridge itself.

There are numerous signs around it warning of falling debris, but I am willing to sacrifice safety for a cool subject. I was able to snap a few cool pictures, but I am going to head back there with a tripod later this week and hopefully get something real good.

Large Version- http://www.flickr.com/photos/myotomy/2916195407/sizes/l/

No comments: