Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Favorites Part Three

This photo was taken several weeks ago, on the same visit as my last favorite. It was my first night there, and after suffering driving up during the most beautiful sunset ever (and not being able to stop) I had major photography blue balls and needed to take some pictures ASAP.

I set up out in their cow yard, which was empty at the time. Messed around and underexposed a few shots, and then when I finally got the exposure where I wanted it, I took this picture. "Holy Crap" were the words I uttered after viewing this on the LCD, so I named it after that. This is probably the best night sky I've ever captured.


I had to desaturate the greens in this photo, because the silo was incredible green due to a light overlooking the cow yard. I guess I could have asked them to turn it off but that would be rather selfish, plus it helped add some fill light for the barn, which I think the red turned out rather nice on.

No comments: