Thursday, December 11, 2008

Favorites Part Eleven

I was out driving in the country one day a couple years ago, and stumbled upon this old looking six-sided church. It was just sitting out there in the middle of nowhere. I thought it was a pretty cool place, jotted it down to memory, and continued on.

Fast forward a year and a half later, I get my camera and instantly this church springs into mind as a good place to take pictures. So I go out driving one day, and fail completley at finding it. I check around, look up anything about it on the internet, and can't find anything! Though I do hear from some people who live near the area that the church is supposedly haunted due to some weird Satan-Worshipping some kids did in/around it.

Anyway so one day I finally find it, and low and behold, it is much less cool looking that I remembered. I had remembered old faded wood siding, and was greeted with really plain and boring vinyl siding. Plus there were power lines running all around it. It was a pretty disappointing trip, and I didn't like a single picture I took of the building. There was a cemetary next door to it, and it was kind of neat, but I was suffering from a buzz-kill due to the church sucking, and I wasn't feeling very inspired.

So I walk back to the church and across the street is a corn field that the sun is starting to set behind. I grab my tripod and go over there and shoot a picture. Once I got home, while I was editing the photos, this one was really the only keeper from the church area. There were some pretty bad lens flares in the photo that I used photoshop to edit out, and that was all the post I had to do on it.

With corn being so plentiful in the midwest, I would feel guilty if I didn't have at least one favorite featuring it.


No comments: