Thursday, March 26, 2009

Favorites Part Twenty Six

Here is another one from Hawaii.. but looking back this is probably my favorite from the trip at this point in time. This is actually a re-edit, as my first was waaaaay over-saturated, and that's just not my style now.

The story goes like this:

It was Monday, our first full day in Hawaii and Nick, David, Mandy and I are heading to Hapuna Beach, setting out around 10am. We are taking the scenic coast route I guess, and on the way out of Hilo we drive past this crazy hillside graveyard. In the middle of it is this gigantic gorgeous tree.

I had watched "The Fountain" less than a month before and the "Tree of Life" vibe this thing was giving off was ridiculous... despite the fact that it was surrounded by a bunch of tombstones. I think as soon as I saw it my jaw dropped and I said to Nick "Ok Nick you gotta take me here later." I think it was Thursday when Nick and I took a drive to find some flower specimen for him and he said he would take me by this spot.


We get there and I'm walking all around this place trying to get the angle I had pictured in my head, but unfortunately the graveyard wasn't as steep on the hill as I thought it was, and since I was limited to a wide angle lens I had to settle for something different (Sometimes I really wish I could fly purely for a photo taking aspect).


I still really liked the photo, the sky and the clouds and the tree all just look so perfect in my eyes.



http://www.flickr.com/photos/myotomy/2620441602/sizes/l/in/set-72157606668759786/

No comments: