Friday, January 16, 2009

Favorites Part Eighteen

I took this one in the summer while at Mandy's parent's pool. She was wearing a yellow swimsuit, the ball is yellow. I think having them both be yellow is one of the main reasons I like this a lot, the colors fit.

This was also around the first time I started messing with the contrast slider in Lightroom, which over the last few months has become my best friend. The photo has a pretty decent crop on it- I cut out the lower half because there was just a cute stomach and no yellow, and I didn't really think it was relevent.

Overall, this is one of the happier looking pictures I've taken. I think it's good to have a range of styles and emotions in photography... while it is fine to focus on a certain niche, you should always try a few different things now and then.

No comments: