Monday, June 28, 2010

Lately

I have been keeping myself pretty busy lately.

In early June I covered Mathien at the House of Blues in Chicago shortly after an awesome photoshoot with Carly Delzell. You can check out the handy work at www.tomolsonphotography.com .. it's the front page image.

Speaking of the website, I recently switched designs to beef up my commercial image as I am about to start a marketing campaign targeting various contacts in the Midwest. Here's hoping to getting a big job within a few months. I trimmed my portfolio down to my more stylized images and tried to create a nice balance between my portraits and my landscapes.

Last Friday I worked with a consultant based in NYC on making myself more presentable as well as figuring out which clients I need to be targeting. It's not always fun to pay money for these types of things but in the long run they help your performance immensely... I think. That's what people say anyway!

This Thursday I am headed to Hawaii for 9 days to visit Nick DeBoer who is a fellow photographer on the side. We are planning on doing lots of hiking and camping as well as a wedding on the third of July. It should be a fun trip and I'm excited to see what kind of landscapes I can get. I absolutely love "the big island" and how diverse its landscape is. My fingers are crossed that there will be some lava flowing while I visit.

That's about all the exciting news I have to report for now. Check back in later for some Hawaii updates!




No comments: